Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cheescake Factory, Crocker Park



So I've been to the Cheesecake Factory a handful of times, every time hoping it would be better than the last. Hoping that in some way I could order something that justifies the price. And each time I am disappointed. If it had not been for the gift card I don't even think I would have went.

If you are interested in going the secret is to go before the dinner rush between 3 and 5, and not on holidays or the weekend. They don't allow call ahead or reservation so arriving during the rush could have you waiting for a lot longer than its worth. The interior design provides a nice atmosphere but unless you are in a booth, you may wind up sitting fairly close to the table next to you. Every time I have been there the service has been at least decent. This last time the service was really good, we had a great server who knew the menu and was very friendly. I've heard a few people say the service was fairly poor, I've never experience it personally but from observing and knowing how busy it can get I do see how its possible.

As for the food, the menu is a little ridiculous. Not only does it have a huge selection, every other page is also an advertisement. Choosing what to eat is more like looking at a Cosmo magazine than menu. The menu has a diverse selection of food from American Classics and Cajun food to Mexican and Chinese style dishes. After looking through everything I order the new Caramel Chicken off the specials menu and Calamari for an appetizer. The calamari batter was fairly good but had a little trouble sticking to the meat. It did come with a very good garlic tarter sauce I though was excellent. As always the entree was a huge portion and looked fairly good on the plate. Overall it wasn't a bad meal , the sauce had decent flavour, but I did get a huge bite of orange rind, which was really unappetizing. We of course finished the meal with a slice of Banana Cheesecake, which is by far the best part of the meal.

Overall the meal and the service together is a 3.5 out of 5, but my problem with it is the price. Way to much of the price covers the atmosphere, when the price is included I would only give it a 2.5. Its a nice place for a anniversary, birthday, or a date but I think there are places with better food and prices more on par with the quality.

Cheesecake Factory on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment