Thursday, February 11, 2010

Maya, Berea

If your looking for an inexpensive quick meal that actually tastes good Maya is the place to be. I don't think there is a single thing on the menu above 10 bucks, and if you get there for lunch, the specials are under 5 dollars. Unlike other places the low prices does not mean small portions. Everything I've ever gotten has come in a generous portion. They also give you complimentary chips and salsa, and doesn't taste like it just came out of a bag of Tostitos.

The menu's option are typical of any Mexican restaurant, combo meals, tacos, enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, etc. This time I got a beef enchilada and Chile Rellano which came with rice and beans. Everything tasted awesome. The food is simple Mexican/southwest dishes. The meals aren't any more elaborate than they have to be. The flavor is awesome, nothing is too spicy or to bland.
I have to say that I do love Chipotle, but Maya is a nice alternative when I don't feel like a heart attack inducing burrito.

Ive been to a few Mexican places that I would consider comparable, and the service has also been bare minimum. The service here is really good, your are seated as soon as you walk in the door, and given drinks as you are sitting down, which is something I really like. There food is kept fresh and if you don't get a grilled item, the food only takes a few minutes to come out. I never had an empty drink while I was there, and we were checked on frequently to make sure everything was good.

Maya is an awesome place for dinner or lunch, I would suggest everyone to make a stop there and try it out, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

5/5 Stars. Love it

Maya Mex on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Jay,

    Where's your review on melt? I think you should make a chart of the best times to go.

    ReplyDelete